An interventional radiologist is a doctor who specializes in performing minimally invasive image-guided vascular procedures improving the accuracy and minimizing complications. The procedures are performed in cath lab , CT scan room, or using ultrasound guidance as per the disease and organ involved. Today interventional radiologists are an indispensable part of various multidisciplinary teams such as trauma, liver and renal transplant, critical care team, etc and they work closely with all the departments of the hospital. Because of the minimally invasive nature of work the recovery is faster with fewer complication rates and less admission time. Many procedures can be done as daycare with patients returning to routine work the same day.
Interventional radiologist specializes in performing minimally invasive image guided vascular procedures improving the accuracy and minimizing complications. The procedures are performed in cath lab, CT scan room or using ultrasound guidance as per the disease and organ involved. Today interventional radiologists are indispensable parts of various multidisciplinary teams such as trauma, liver and renal transplant, critical care team etc., and they work closely with all the departments of the hospital. The minimally invasive nature of work facilitates faster recovery with fewer complication rates and less admission time. Many procedures can be done as day care with patient returning to routine work on the same day.
Lisie Hospital Interventional Radiology Department is equipped with all the modern facilities under two highly skilled Interventional radiologists.
Vascular Interventional procedures.
• Laser Ablation Of Varicose Veins.
• Peripheral Vascular Diseases Including Diabetic Foot (Aortoiliac, Femoropopliteal, Tibial And Pedal Angioplasty And Stenting)
• Intra-Arterial Catheter Directed Thrombolysis In Acute Limb Ischemia Using Urokinase Or Rt-PA.
• Intravenous Catheter Directed Thrombolysis In Acute Deep Venous Thrombosis And IVC Filters Placement.
• Venous Angioplasty And Stenting In Venous Compression Syndromes, Malignant Venous Obstruction ,Central Venous Obstruction.
• Angioplasty In Vasculitis Like Takayasu Using Cutting Balloons.
• Embolization For Arteriovenous Malformations.
• Sclerotherapy For Isolated Perforator Incompetence In Lower Limb Varicosities And In Venolymphatic Malformations.
Urological / Nephrological Interventional procedures
• Embolization Of Post PCNL And Post Biopsy Hematuria.
• Pre-Operative Embolization For Renal Cell Carcinoma.
• Embolization Of Renal Tumors Like Angiomyolipoma.
• Percutaneous Nephrostomy And Antegrade Ureteric Stenting In Malignant Ureteric Obstruction.
• Prostatic artery embolization for BPH
• Varicocele embolization
• Transjugular renal biopsy
• Embolisation of chylouspost operative collections
Dialysis related interventions
• Routine and difficult dialysis access insertion including dialysis catheters and perm cath and perm cathrepalcement
• Central venoplasty including stenting for poor flow and SVC syndrome
• AV fistuloplasty / thrombolysis
Pulmonary and Thoracic interventional Procedures
• Bronchial And Non-Bronchial Systemic Artery Embolization In Haemoptysis.
• Biopsy / pleurodesis for recurrent pleural effusions/ Tracheal stenting
• Pleural effusion aspiration / drainage
• Embolisation for chylothorax
Gastroenterology and hepatology Interventional Procedures
• Emergency bleed embolisation
• Pre-Operative Embolization For Highly Vascular Tumors, Ruptured Liver Tumors, Chemoembolization of HCC
• Portal vein embolization for hepatic resection, Transjugular liver biopsies
• PTBD +/- stenting for biliary obstruction.
• TIPS for variceal bleed , recurrent ascites (TIPS)
• Shunt occlusions (BRTO ,PARTO, CARTO) in bleed , recurrent encephalopathy
• Interventions in Budd chiari syndrome including hepatic vein recanalisation , IVC venoplasty or stenting , DIPS
• Thrombolysis ,angioplasty or stenting of mesenteric ishaemia
• Pancreatic collection drainage
Neuro Interventional Procedures.
• Cerebral angiography.
• Mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke.
• Carotid artery stenting for stroke.
• Angioplasty and stenting for intracranial arteries for stroke.
• Endovascular embolization/coiling for intracranial (brain) Aneurysms, Arterio-venous malformations, Arteriovenous fistula of brain vessels.
• Endovascular embolization for Carotico-Cavernous Fistulas.
• Endovascular embolisation for various spinal vascular malformations.
• Intra-arterial chemotherapy for Retinoblastoma.
• Embolisation for Vein of Galen Malformation (VGAM).
• Endovascular embolization/coiling for bleeding neck and brain vessels.
• Endovascular embolization for recurrent subdural hematoma.
• Mechanical thrombectomy for cerebral venous sinus thrombosis.
• Stenting for dural sinus stenting.
• Pre-operative embolization for head, neck and spinal tumors to reduce operative blood loss.
• Inferior petrosal sinus sampling for pituitary adenoma diagnosis.
• Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty for chronic back pain due to vertebral collapse.
• Ablation for painful spinal metastases and osteoid osteoma.
Gynecological Interventional Procudures.
• Embolization For Primary And Delayed Post-Partum Hemorrhage.
• Embolization Of Symptomatic Uterine Fibroids Using PVA Particles.
• Prophylactic bilateral iliac balloon placement In High Risk PPH Cases Like Placental Abnormalities/ Fibroid Complicating Pregnancy.
• Fallopian Tube Recanalization for Tubal Blocks.
• Embolisation for pelvic congestion syndrome
Onco- interventions :
• Biopsies / FNAC / imprint smear from tumours
• HCC treatment including RFA , MWA, TACE, PEI
• Ablation of other tumors
• Palliative interventions like ablation of bony metastases / nerve blocks
• Embolisation of post operative / tumoral bleeds
Aortic interventions :
• Endovascular thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysm stenting
• Ablations for Osteoid osteoma / vertebroplasty / bone biopsy
Central venous access :
• Dialysis catheters
• Difficult central line for paediatric / adult population
• Chemoport insertion
• PICC line
Mon - Sat
Dr. Lijesh Kumar
Dr. Dilip Kumar M. P
This hospital is affordable, Well maintained,Neat and clean ICU is up to date with regard to its standard of equiments.
Nice hospital and hospitality service,also conducting nursing,pharmacy,lab technician courses here,great quality staffs with good patience,all departments here and wide team of doctors are always ready to handle any situations
Muhammed Afzal K.A
Visiting the hospital almost after 20 years. The hospital has grown to a state of the art, well advanced, modern hospital in terms of the quality of doctors, staffs and the administration personnel.
Lisie hospital is having one of the best pediatric department, where I consulted Dr. Edwin Francis, Dr. Annu, Dr. Sunil for my Kid. He is having one the complex heart issues, As of now, 2 Surgeries done. Prior to this, I have gone to another hospital, but they don't have a facility to treat this particular case and they directed me to Lisie Hospital. The cost of the treatment is comparabilly very very cheap with other hospitals. All the nurses there were very friendly and they give special care to each patient especially paediatric OP. I have spent nearly 18 days at Lisie hospital, I would really recommend this hospital for heart-related issue since they are in the top 2 position in India. This hospital is really recommended for the middle class, lower-class families since the cost are really affordable.
Mr Shyam Sunder
I am glad to inform you that we had a very comfortable experience at Lisie Hospital during the cardiac surgery of my nephew, Aahil P, M / 3 yrs, OPD No. 2528461, RBSK Case No.1534. Meanwhile, we take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude to Dr. Sunil G S, Dr. Edwin Francis, other medical team members, Coordinator Ms. Jitha and all staff members of Lisie Hospital for the good care and hospitality provided to us. We had heard a very good opinion about your hospital, so we preferred to come there all the way from Palakkad and things what we heard were very much true. The facilities were indeed of very high class quality. The approach of each and every member of your staff had been very polite, my salute to all. The only problem which we faced was for vehicle parking, which was very difficult sometimes, otherwise, all other things were really very, very fine. My nephew is now doing well and we all are very happy. May Almighty Bless you all. With best wishes
Relative of Cardiac Surgery Patient
My father underwent a major Gastro-Intestinal surgery here recently. The treatment was excellent and they charged a reasonable price too. The staff especially nurses were caring and kind.
I feel there are a group of well-experienced, excellent, and efficient doctors with a patient-friendly approach especially Dr. Paulose Jacob and Dr. Joy Mampilly.
My brother was recently admitted with a severe fever at the General medicine department. Doctors is well experienced and compared to other hospitals the treatment cost and other expenses are very less.
Search Departments / Doctors